Thursday, February 2, 2012

Groundhog Cupcakes

This is one cupcake I have never thought to make, until now. I got this idea from my son's kindergarten teacher. Apparently, the class thinks they are going to eat an actual groundhog tomorrow, but really it is going to be a groundhog cupcake. My son is pretty freaked out about this. Wouldn't you be if you were 5 years old?!? I decided to put my own spin on her groundhog cupcake and this is what I came up with. I just used what I had in my pantry and made due.

For the frosting, I used the same chocolate frosting I used in this recipe. It makes the perfect amount to frost 24 cupcakes. I used tip 233 to make the groundhog fur. For the eyes, I used small candy pieces and for the nose I used an m&m. For the mouth, I cut one mini marshmallow in half and for the ears I used dry cereal. That's it...pretty simple! Happy Groundhog Day!


No comments: