Packet of Kool-Aid (any flavor)
Small containers or jars for the lip gloss
1. Put about 1 cup Vaseline in microwave safe bowl (Just eyeball it).
2. Heat the Vaseline in the microwave in 30 second increments, stirring between each heating. It will be liquid when it is fully melted. It took us about 5 minutes.
3. Take out of microwave and continue to stir while allowing it to cool down a little bit. Once it cools down slightly, add a packet of kool-aid and stir until completely dissolved.
4. Pour mixture into a Ziploc bag and snip off one of the ends. Carefully pipe it into lip gloss container or jar. If the mixture starts to solidify, you can microwave it for 30 seconds.
5. Allow it to cool and solidify before using.
*If you want to make chocolate lip gloss, add a small amount of unsweetened cocoa with a pinch of sugar instead of the kool-aid.
I bought the little plastic jars at Sally Beauty Supply. They came in a pack of 10 and were the perfect size. Once you start making the lip gloss, it gets easier and easier and you will figure out what works for you. We made a total of 4 batches of lip gloss. We did end up with quite a bit extra. Here is the source for this awesome recipe. She also provides additional tips for making the lip gloss. Have fun!