Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Brownie Cupcakes

I just made these cupcakes for Thanksgiving. I know they are not your typical Thanksgiving dessert, but I wanted to make something that I knew my kids would love (Don't worry, I made pumpkin pie too). They always pretend they like pumpkin pie, but I know better. They put on a pretty decent act, which I appreciate, but this year I wanted them to have something they would truly enjoy. So, I decided to make them cupcake brownies. These are quite possibly the easiest cupcakes to make and very fun because you can add your own toppings and be as creative as you would like. I also like that the recipe only makes 12...the perfect amount for us!

Brownie Cupcakes
1 package brownie mix
1/2 cup canola oil
1/4 cup cranberry juice
2 large eggs
Toppings: chocolate chips, sprinkles, marshmallows, candycanes, pretzels, etc.
Powdered sugar (optional)
**I used mini chocolate chips, chocolate covered pretzels (coursely chopped), m&m's, and sprinkles.

1. Stir together first 4 ingredients until smooth. Spoon batter into muffin pan lined with paper/foil liners. Sprinkle with desired toppings. Batter will evenly fill 12 muffin cups.

2. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center of cupcakes comes out clean. Remove from pan, and cool on a wire rack. Sprinkle with powdered sugar, if desired.

Wondering what to do with all that leftover cranberry juice? Stay tuned for a very festive beverage recipe that is a favorite amongst our nation's top military leaders....don't ask me how I know this. Until then, go make the brownie cupcakes and eagerly await for this top secret recipe! :)

No comments: