Sunday, May 16, 2010

Now That's A Cupcake!

This has got to be the biggest cupcake I've ever seen! Have you ever noticed how a cupcake usually tastes better than a piece of cake? I was so anxious to try out this giant cupcake pan not only because it's a giant cupcake (and I love cupcakes), but also I was curious as to how the cake would taste. Turns out, this giant cupcake actually tastes just like a little cupcake. I've made two cakes now using this pan and both turned out really cute and tasted exceptionally good!

Pistachio Cake with Pistachio Whipped Cream Icing
For the cake part of this recipe, I added 1/2 packet of instant pistachio pudding mix to a box of dry white cake mix and mixed as I usually do. For the frosting, I added the remaining packet of pudding mix to 1/2 quart whipping cream and let it mix (for quite a long time) until peaks formed. Using a spatula, I frosted the top of the cupcake and then sprinkled chopped pistachios on top. I also put a layer of icing between the top/bottom half of the cupcake. This was such a fun and easy cake to make!

2 comments:

Me said...

That is so neat! Where did you find the pan? Hopefully see you at the social tomorrow night!

- Chrissy

Nicole said...

Hey Chrissy! I got the pan as a gift, but I think it came from JoAnns. You can also order it from Amazon.

I wish I could go tonight. It sounds like fun!