Sunday, May 9, 2010

Calling All Nutella Fans...

This post is for you! I recently stumbled across this recipe (over at Bakin' and Eggs) for Banana and Nutella muffins. I love Nutella and I love it even more with bananas, so I knew I needed to try this recipe. I just made it yesterday, and it was delicious! There's nothing like biting into a fresh, hot muffin with Nutella oozing out of the center! The recipe said it made 12 muffins, but I had leftover batter, so I added 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips to the remaining batter and made an additional 12 mini chocolate chip banana muffins (no Nutella). Those turned out delicious as well! I pretty much ate muffins for breakfast, lunch and dinner yesterday!

Banana Nutella Muffins
2 cups all purpose flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup butter, softened
2 large eggs
1 1/2 cups mashed ripe banana (about 3 bananas)
1/3 cup sour cream (I used light)
1 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup Nutella
1/4 cup mini chocolate chips (optional)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin tins with liners or coat with cooking spray. In a medium bowl combine the flour, baking soda and salt, stirring with a whisk. In a separate bowl, combine bananas, sour cream and vanilla. Beat sugar and butter with a mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy and well blended, about 1 minute. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Add banana mixture and beat until blended. Add flour mixture and beat at low speed just until moist.
Fill muffin tins about 1/4 of the way full with batter. Place 1 teaspoon (or desired amount) of Nutella in the center of each muffin. Fill muffin tins with remaining batter. They should be about 3/4 full.
Bake for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for a few minutes before enjoying!
If making the mini muffins, add the chocolate chips to the remaining batter and bake for about 10-12 minutes.

1 comment:

Shaina said...

My husband might just flip out over these, and be converted from a cookie monster, to a cupcake freak. He loves nutella! Thanks for posting the recipe, and for visiting my blog!!