Friday, November 19, 2010

Peanut Butter Pumpkin Cupcakes

This recipe is actually for pumpkin bread, but I decided to try it as a cupcake recipe and much to my surprise they turned out great! The cupcakes tasted exactly like the bread always does...very moist and delicious!

I got this recipe from a military friend years ago and it has become one of those recipes that I make every year. I usually make it in the fall (but in mini loaf pans). I keep a few loaves for myself and give the rest away to neighbors and friends (the mini loaves make great gifts). Because I love cupcakes like I do, it was fun to change this recipe up and get to enjoy a cupcake version of my favorite pumpkin bread. However you decide to make it (either as a mini loaf or a cupcake), you really can't go wrong. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!

Peanut Butter Pumpkin Cupcakes
3 1/2 cups flour
3 cups sugar
2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
2 cups canned pumpkin
1 cup olive oil
2/3 cup water
4 eggs, beaten
12 oz pkg Reese's peanut butter chips

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare cupcake pan with liners (grease mini loaf pans, if using these). Mix all ingredients together, blending well after each addition. Pour mix into prepared cupcake pan (or mini loaf pans) filling 2/3 full. Bake 25-35 minutes (or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean). Bake an additional 10 minutes if using the mini loaf pans. Makes 36 cupcakes or several mini loaves. Allow to cool completely before enjoying!

No comments: