Wednesday, August 4, 2010

got milk?

Being that this is a blog about all the things that make me happy, it seemed only appropriate for me to blog about breastfeeding. Especially since it also happens to be National Breastfeeding Awareness Month. I am a big advocate of breastfeeding and am so thankful that I was able to breastfeed all three of my children. I knew from the moment I found out that I was pregnant with my first child, that I would breastfeed. I never even considered anything else. It really is a special bonding experience...one that I will always treasure. I loved knowing that I was giving my baby the absolute perfect milk! I also loved that I could always comfort my little one immediatly. Even though breastfeeding was right for me, I do realize that breastfeeding is not for everyone. But, I do hope more women consider it and seek out help if they are experiencing difficulties and thinking about quitting. My question to you is got milk?

photo from The Inspiration Room

Visit kellymom.com for more info/questions on breastfeeding

No comments: