Saturday, June 12, 2010

Simply the best!!

There is one cake that I will always make from scratch...a carrot cake. This is my absolute favorite type of cake! Although I have never actually tried a box of carrot cake mix I just can't imagine that it even comes close to one made from scratch. I have tried a few different carrot cake recipes, but this one has always been my favorite. The recipe is from Better Homes and Gardens New Cookbook and it is a great one to add to your collection. It is fairly simple to make, tastes unbelievablably delicious, and is a very impressive looking cake.

I just made this cake the other day and it was fabulous!. My parents are visiting from the States and I know that my mom shares the same love that I have for carrot cake, so I decided to make one. Everyone loved it (even my kids). I'm all about adding layers to a cake especially when it involves cream cheese frosting. I used this 8 inch round cake pan from Wilton and a cake leveler. I highly recommend both of these items when baking and layering any type of cake. This particular carrot cake turned out perfectly in this pan. Usually I have to trim off the top, when baking a round cake, to make it nice and even. Not this time. No trimming was necessary! We got to enjoy every last bit of the carrot cake! Due to blogging technical difficulties, I will share this super yummy recipe in a separate post (very soon, I promise).


No comments: